Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Want A Secret Room

I've always wanted a secret room in my house. The thing is, I have an office area in my basement that would be perfect for converting into a "secret" area, if only my wife will let me!

I could probably get away with something like the one below, because it looks rather nice:

Here's a Do-It-Yourself Hidden Room complete with the book door handle.

imageimage

How cool would it be to find a secret room in your house a year after you've lived there?

image

Ever heard of the Củ Chi tunnels in Vietnam? Lots of secret doors and passages there.

image image


Today the tunnels are a tourist attraction:

Some tunnels have been made larger to accommodate the larger size of western tourists, while low-power lights have been installed in several of them to make traveling through them easier and booby traps have been clearly marked.

Booby traps?! Here's a picture of one:

image

If I ever have a secret room, I'll leave the booby traps out. Maybe.

No comments: